MEMO FROM DGN SECRETARIAT
Gravely concerned and alarmed by the sad development in the creative industry, especially in Nollywood, where Producers and Directors have been called out for sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual molestation and rape.
Directors' Guild of Nigeria (DGN) has risen from a crucial emergency meeting and immediately resolved to:
- Set up a panel of inquiry in order to investigate various sexual harrasements and rape accusations against members.
- Investigate, probe and determine deterrent penalties and punitive measures for offenders.
- Seek and Support every initiative of well meaning industry stakeholders to curb the menace of sexual harassment, rape and/or sex for roles.
- Open a dedicated 24/7 confidential email address to entertain reports, petitions and complaints.
- Raise an Intra-Guild campaign to educate our members on the implications of such barbaric acts and participate in Inter Guild activities to stop rape and sexual harassment in Nollywood.
- The DGN constituted Sexual Offences Committee is as follow:
1)Pat Oghre (Chairman)
2)Remi Ibinola (Secretary)
4) Francis Onwochei
- The Committee is to receive complaints and petitions, investigate and recommend actions
DGN uses this opportunity to vehemently condemn rape in its entirety within and outside of the Film Industry. It is a derogatory and criminal act and no one deserves to be raped, regardless of the circumstances.